This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Homemade Graham Cracker Pie Crust is made with just 3 simple ingredients and tastes so much better than store-bought pie crust!
This Homemade Graham Cracker Pie Crust is so much easier to make than traditional pie crust. It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients and adds a delicious crunch and extra depth of flavor to any pie (or cheesecake). You’ll never want to go back to store-bought pie crust again!
Graham crackers – provides structure.
Butter – binds the ingredients together.
Granulated sugar – adds sweetness. You substitute all of half of the granulated sugar with brown sugar.
How To Make Homemade Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1. Crush the graham crackers using a food processor or blender.
2. Stir in the granulated sugar.
3. Add the melted butter then mix until well combined.
4. Firmly press graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie pan then bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Set aside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Have To Pre-bake Graham Cracker Crust?
I always prefer to pre-bake graham cracker pie crusts because ensures that it will hold together and won’t get soggy from your filling.
Can I substitute Graham Crackers?
Absolutely! If you don’t have graham crackers where you live or just want to change things up, you can substitute them for digestive biscuits, shortbread cookies, Oreos, gingersnaps or any other crunchy cookie.
Can I Use Graham Cracker Crumbs?
Yes! Graham cracker crumbs will work fine and save you the step of crushing the graham crackers yourself.
Can This Recipe Be Made Gluten Free?
Yes, you can substitute the graham crackers with gluten free graham crackers to easily make this recipe gluten free! Some delicious gluten free filling options are my New York Cheesecake, Pudding Pie or Pumpkin Pie.
Recipes To Make With Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Pumpkin Pie With Graham Cracker Crust
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Without Canned Milk
- Classic New York Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie (pictured below)
If you try this recipe then please leave a rating/comment below to let me know how you liked it and feel free to ask any recipe questions you may have! 🙂
Homemade Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Food processor or blender
- 9 inch pie pan
- 180 g (1 1/2 cups) graham cracker crumbs (11-12 graham cracker sheets)
- 85 g (6 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 50 g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crush the graham crackers using a food processor or blender.
- Stir in the granulated sugar.
- Add the melted butter then mix until well combined.
- Firmly press graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie pan then bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Weigh your ingredients using a kitchen scale! Measuring ingredients by volume is not accurate.
- This recipe makes enough for one 9-inch pie crust.
- Nutrition: the provided nutritional information is an estimate for the entire pie crust. Please read my Nutrition Disclaimer for more information.