This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pumpkin Bread is super moist, easy to make, full of warm pumpkin spices, and loaded with tons of pumpkin!
This is the best Pumpkin Bread you’ll ever eat. It’s incredibly moist, full of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and so easy to make in just 4 steps! It also counts as a bread so you get to eat it for breakfast without judgement from your friends and family!
All-purpose flour – this gives the pumpkin bread structure.
Baking soda & baking powder – both leaveners are needed to help the pumpkin bread rise.
Cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger – needed to help give the bread it’s pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin puree – adds flavor and moisture. Make sure to use pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin puree has 100% pumpkin while pumpkin pie filling already has spices and sugar added to it.
Vegetable oil – adds moisture and makes the bread soft!
Granulated & brown sugar – sweetens and tenderizes the bread. The brown sugar makes it extra moist! Either light or dark brown sugar will work.
Eggs – helps bind the ingredients.
Vanilla extract and salt – enhances flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan then sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake bread at 350°F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store Pumpkin Bread in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Pro Tips For Pumpkin Bread
- Weigh your ingredients using a kitchen scale! Measuring ingredients by volume is not accurate; baking is a science after all!
- Don’t over mix your batter! This will cause too much gluten development which will make the texture of the bread rubbery and gross.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top of the bread to get a crunchy top! You could also use sparkling sugar.
- Make sure your parchment paper hangs over the sides of the loaf pan for easy removal after baking!
- Let the pumpkin bread cool for a little bit before slicing! If the bread is too warm it will fall apart.
What To Do With Leftover Pumpkin Puree?
Did you know that you can freeze leftover pumpkin puree? Simply transfer it to an airtight container or a zip-top bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight when you’re ready to use it!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Jumbo Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cake Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits
If you try this recipe then please leave a rating/comment below to let me know how you liked it and feel free to ask any recipe questions you may have! 🙂
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- 240 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 360 g (1 1/2 cups) pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 120 g (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- raw sugar for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan then sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake bread for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Weigh your ingredients using a kitchen scale! Measuring ingredients by volume is not accurate.
- Store Pumpkin Bread in an airtight container for up 5 days at room temperature.